Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Forgiveness

My mom in her younger days and then in her older days prior to her death - this woman carried a lot of anger!
January 22, 2014

I honestly don’t know what hurts more the fact that everyone says they realize how close we were or the fact that I don’t think we were really that close.  I have closer friends that I would have reached out to in time of need before Steve only because I know he was not that handy. 

But Steve was also the kind of guy that I would purposely seek out on Sunday when I saw him and would actually go out into the parking lot just to say hi to him and catch up real quick.  But if I didn’t see him I didn’t feel at a loss I just figured I would catch up with him next week.  You know what though – next week never came again and now I am left remembering our last conversation and also how good his sons did on his eulogy last week.

There comes a time in everyone’s life that you make a decision about continuing relationships or friendships and those are always difficult times.  A person you felt close to might have done you wrong and you feel the only way to overcome it is by stopping all communication with them.  Honestly though what does that solve because generally the person that stops the communication is the only one that realizes something is wrong.

I guess the point of today’s writing is that forgiveness is difficult but carrying around a lot of anger will never make you happy.  If there is someone out there that you are angry at do the right thing and calmly explain to them what made you angry and ask for their forgiveness about being angry at them and I guarantee you will feel a whole lot better!

No comments:

Post a Comment